Re: [OT] Protest the Novell-Microsoft Agreement - Sign Bruce Perens petition

On Saturday 25 November 2006 18:09, Neil Cherry wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Friday 24 November 2006 09:45, Craig White wrote:
>>> Protest the Microsoft-Novell Patent Agreement
>>>
>>> self explanatory
>>>
>>> http://techp.org/petition/show/1
>>>
>>> Craig
>>
>> Been there, done that, didn't add my name.  Having to make an account
>> with enough data to double the incoming spam if it should be
>> sold/stolen, I backed out.
>
>I think you can trust Bruce not to sell it as he has a well deserved
>reputation in the community. I can not provide you enough information
>to say that it will not be stolen but I seem to recall that Bruce
>was pretty good with security (sorry that's all I can offer).

I expect he's right on top of that, it would be out of character for Bruce
if he got lax on that.  The question is, is he the host, or is it some
ISP equ to a box house thats hosting it?  I haven't look the site up in
whois myself, that may answer any doubts.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)