Re: Ubuntu reaches out to embarrassed SuSE devs

Words by Kurt Wall [Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 03:05:50PM -0500]:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 03:22:40PM +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> > ''
> > Novell’s decision to go to great lengths to circumvent the patent
> > framework clearly articulated in the GPL has sent shockwaves through the
> > community. If you are an OpenSUSE developer who is concerned about the
> > long term consequences of this pact, you may be interested in some of
> > the events happening next week as part of the Ubuntu Open Week:
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek
>
> I don't need *buntu telling me what's wrong with Novell's patent deal
> with Microsoft when *buntu is going to ship (likely) illegal binary
> modules in their next release.

Of course that shipping illegal binary modules is an added value for the
end user. Dubious deals with m$ hardly are.

I disagree with both anyway.

--
Jose Celestino
http://www.msversus.org/     ; http://techp.org/petition/show/1