Re: removing command from yum

Alexa Pongracz wrote:
> I cannot update or install as I have to remove a command or a request
> from yum.
> When I go to update software I get the message: Cannot open read .xml
> file for repository jahshaka
>
> if I use the terminal To update I get this message:
> Cannot open read .xml file for repository jahshaka
>
>  http://repo.jahshaka.org/fedora/6/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> believe me I don't want to install this any more but need to get it out
> of my yum's memory or will have to reformat.  Any suggestions
> appreciated.

You do not have to reformat.

Do you remember how you installed this repo? Was it an rpm package? If so:

yum remove <packagename>

yum clean all

yum update

[y/N]  your choice

If not an rpm package:

as root user

cd /etc/yum.repos.d

ls

delete anything named jahshaka

yum clean all

yum update

[y/N]  your choice

If you edited yum.conf:

as root user

cd /etc

use your favorite editor and edit yum.conf

remove the lines that configure the jahshaka repo and save yum.conf

yum clean all

yum update

[y/N]  your choice

- --