Re: Getting Fedora to work

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 08:43 -0600, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
>> Rikke D. Giles wrote:

>>> Hey Michael,
>>>
>>> Did you turn off SE linux?  Hmm, or maybe it's enabled by default until
>>> you hit the first boot sequence.  Anyway, that could be a problem, it
>>> might not be recognizing your drives because its not familiar with the
>>> labels given (via Kubuntu or whatever).
>> No, I didn't. Actually, I don't remember a prompt that asked me about SE
>> Linux.
>>
> The problem is that it is called SELINUX (the cr was unfortunate) and
> you are asked whether you want to use it during the install. If you are
> having install and boot problems I would disable it. At first, at least.

OK. If I see a prompt related to SELINUX, I'll disable it. If I get
Fedora up, I'll probably be asking some questions about this.

 I'm going to try for a new install this afternoon. Being the
adventurous type, I'm now downloading the Fedora Core 5 DVD to have as a
backup if FC6 doesn't come up. Kubuntu will remain as the final fallback.

---Michael