Re: Can't bring up Fedora Core 6

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 17:51 -0600, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 13:27 -0800, Ivan Kronkvist wrote:
> >> I cannot get it up. It never gets past the spot where
> >> disk quotas have been enabled. I wanted to follow the
> >> instructions on how to remove the rhgb and quiet and
> >> add 3 to the kernel options but I don't know how to do
> >> it.
> > The instructions below are pretty clear except if you have hidenmenu
> > enabled in grub.conf (the default) there is an intital step that you
> > need to hit return when you get the first single grub boot line to get
> > to the display where you can hit a, etc.
>
> I'll agree that the instructions are straightforward - except that they
> leave out the step where I have to reinstall Fedora so I can start
> following the instructions. While I may end up doing that, I'd like to
> hve *SOME* hope of bringing Fedora up before I start. I don't see any in
> those instructions.

The idea is that it is assumed that the X launching is the problem. If
you boot to run level 3 then X is not launched and you can work on
configuring X so it will come up. One might start by running
system-config-display. If that does not work then one looks at the
contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf to fix the X problem.

If you get to run level 3 and still can not get X to come up and report
the errors people could help you further.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>