AIGLX issue

I've scowered the Internet and this list but haven't found a solution
for this.

I'm running FC6 on a nForce4 based motherboard with a GeForce 7600GT
video card. I have tried both the 9625 and 9629 (I think I have the
versions right) nvidia drivers with the same results.

If I leave the xorg.conf as generated by FC6 it works but without window
decorators. gnome-window-decorator --replace doesn't have any effect. If
I let the nvidia-config setup my xorg.conf it doesn't work at all. If I
run desktop-effects from the command line I get something about the
SHAPE library missing. Sorry I'm in XP right now or I would paste the
actual output.

Looking at Xorg.log.0 everything looks good, no (EE)'s and it's using
all the Nvidia Corp libraries.

Any ideas? (I've tried some of the previously suggested AddARRGB etc etc
etc stuff to no avail. And tried Composting "True" etc...)

Thanks,
Richard