Re: disabling touchpad on laptop

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 16:41, Trey Sizemore wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:52:19 -0500
[...]
Yes, it's not immediately apparent.  You need to go to KDE Control
Center -> Peripherals -> Touchpad.  All the settings can be enabled and
disabled from there.

Unforch I neglected to say that yes it was, but its all ghosted because I
apparently need to add an 'Option "UseShm" "true"' in my xorg.conf, but
I've done that to no avail.  I think I might see the problem after some
manpage reading, it seems that both Section InputDevice stanza's are
claiming they are coredevice, and there's supposed to be only one.

I think the line you want is

        Option      "SHMConfig" "on"

or "true", or maybe other similar values.

I'll check that the next time I boot it up as I spent the afternoon
talking a buck out of his hide since he didn't need it anymore.  Its deer
season here and the next door neighbor gave me a small buck last night.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu