Re: disabling touchpad on laptop

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 16:41, Trey Sizemore wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:52:19 -0500
>
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 22 November 2006 08:10, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
>> >Hi,

>> >For FC5 and FC6, there's an application called ksynaptics which does
>> > what you want very easily. It has also an "smart" option that will
>> > turn off the touchpad (completely or tap only) automaticaly when
>> > you start typing something, enabling it again when you stop typing.
>> > This is great to avoid accidental taps or cursor movements while
>> > you are typing.
>> >Don't know if it's available for FC4.
>> >
>> >[]'s
>> >Marcelo
>>
>> How do you call it once this package is installed?  I have installed
>> it on my FC5 lappy, but its nowhere to be found.
>
>Yes, it's not immediately apparent.  You need to go to KDE Control
>Center -> Peripherals -> Touchpad.  All the settings can be enabled and
>disabled from there.

Unforch I neglected to say that yes it was, but its all ghosted because I
apparently need to add an 'Option "UseShm" "true"' in my xorg.conf, but
I've done that to no avail.  I think I might see the problem after some
manpage reading, it seems that both Section InputDevice stanza's are
claiming they are coredevice, and there's supposed to be only one.

I'll check that the next time I boot it up as I spent the afternoon
talking a buck out of his hide since he didn't need it anymore.  Its deer
season here and the next door neighbor gave me a small buck last night.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)