Re: disabling touchpad on laptop

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 10:23, Garry Williams wrote:
>On 11/22/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Would you be so kind as to post that whole Section/Endsection segment?
>
>This is what I used in FC5:
>
>  Section "InputDevice"
>          Identifier  "Synaptics"
>          Driver      "synaptics"
>          Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>          Option      "Protocol" "auto-dev"
>          Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
>          Option      "LeftEdge" "120"
>          Option      "RightEdge" "830"
>          Option      "TopEdge" "120"
>          Option      "BottomEdge" "650"
>          Option      "FingerLow" "14"
>          Option      "FingerHigh" "15"
>          Option      "MaxTapMove" "0"
>          Option      "MaxTapTime" "0"
>          Option      "VertScrollDelta" "0"
>          Option      "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
>          Option      "MinSpeed" "0.3"
>          Option      "MaxSpeed" "0.75"
>          Option      "AccelFactor" "0.0300"
>  EndSection
>
>--
>Garry Williams +1 678 656-4579

Many thanks.  I've inserted that into mine, replacing the very limited
version shown above the line above.

However, for my FC5 lappy, it appears all options below the line I
inserted are ignored, no mention of them in the Xorg.0.log after starting
x.

They are, whats there, repeated there are two "InputDevice"s.  Thats
because I also use a teeny little bluetooth M$ mouse which works ok but
needs a slowdown by about a factor of 10.  Fastest mouse on the planet,
even a cheetah couldn't catch it.

I just found those missing references, thank you for the poke in the ribs
to get me started.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)