Re: Metrics and your privacy

On 11/22/06, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been following this issue and I get more
negative responses than positive ones.  Since Fedora
announced that they needed to count the number of
machines/users of Fedora, many people have objected
and possibly switched to other distros because of
this.

Any evidence of this?  I'm interested in both negative responses
you've been getting (please send them my way) and I'd be interested in
hearing from the "many people that object" and might be switching.
After all, our current method is using apache logs which just about
everyone on the planet does.

               -Mike