Re: Metrics and your privacy

Antonio Olivares wrote:

I like Fedora very much, but I do not like the
tracking part.  I regularly update most of my machines
except the home machines (dialup), and should thus
have been counted here

"Tracking" was not a good word. But since you "regularly update" most of your machines, of course the mirrors have a chance to understand that they gave you something. Is it enough to trigger the negative feelings if just the existing log traces you leave are turned into a rough geolocation and some count of machines, maybe how much memory too?

Surely this is not "spying" on people since you make the connection to the mirror, and get the benefit of the bandwidth and the update?

-Andy