Re: Image composition Q

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 08:06, Claude Jones wrote:
>On Wed November 22 2006 12:59 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> XaraEx looks like it was the thing, till I found that once the text
>> has been planted, it appears not to be movable for setting up a
>> pleasing composition.
>>
>> Do we have such a tool that can write text and manipulate its size and
>> position and then save in a png/jpg/etc image format capable of being
>> loaded into 4L-gui?  I want to write cd/dvd labels.
>
>XaraEx can do this. I just made a pretty complex connections diagram of
> a multipoint international webcast with 4 VTC's and multiple switchers
> and all kinds of other objects in it, all labeled. You have to use the
> selection tool to select a text box, which will become 'highlighted' by
> having four markers placed around it - then hovering your cursor around
> different regions of the text box allows for different options,
> including resizing and deformations, and positioning

I tried that, Claude.  But altho I was able to get a 'text frame' with the
markers, and I was able to enter some text, leaving it highlited ala Ooo
writer to resize it and change the font, the resize took the top half of
the characters clear off the top of the box, and there never was any
indicator other than the cursor changing slightly, to a + while over the
box.  No popups ever & I left and right clicked all over it.  But I'll
give it another shot, its an impressive appearing program eye candy wise.

Maybe I need to change my chew? But I haven't in 20 years, horrible stuff.
And I quit rolling smoke in 89, cold turkey.  I get way more than my
share 2nd hand anyway from the missus.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene