Re: OCR

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 02:25:06 +0100
Alain PORTAL <alain.portal@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You really think that ocrad is better than gocr?

I tried both on the sort of stuff I scan in (bills and things)
and the ocrad results were better on average (not that either
of the programs come close to something like Omnipage
on Windows, but they are a lot cheaper :-).

This was a while back, both programs probably have newer
versions since I tried, so don't know if I'd get the
same results now or not.