Re: Fedora Coverstory in Linux Format

--- Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 10:58 -0800, George Arseneault
> wrote:
> > The DVD is the equivalent of the 5 CD set so I
> don't
> > think it counts as a 'one disk install'.  It was
> also
> > dual layer.
>
> I wouldn't have thought it necessary.  5 Cd's should
> fit onto a single
> layer DVD.

Necessary or not, it wouldn't work in my DVD drive.
(It's about 8 years old though)  My friend said it was
probably because the disk was dual-layered, since his
drive could read it and his wife's could not. (a
slightly newer but still not dual-layer drive)

Could be that no one even considered that it would be
a factor with the end user. After all, you can use the
CD to start an install through other media (LAN, web,
etc.) or just download the iso's for the 5 Cd's. (They
did list the address in the front of the book)

Sponsored Link

Online or Campus degree Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's
in less than one year.www.findtherightschool.com