LiveCD, Kadischi, Managed Network Logins via GDM

Hi, all -

I've been prowling the list archives, and Google, and haven't been able to come up with any solid answers. I'd like to rehash this subject if I may.

I'm looking for a way to make a simple Live CD for our tech department, which would ultimately allow them to automagically mount a homedir via NFS or even CIFS once authenticated through some interface such as GDM. Ultimately, since it's a Live CD, I think it's imperative that a homedir is mounted to store application settings and such - firefox history, thunderbird mail stores, etc etc.

I know there's gotta be a handful of people out there who have managed to pull this off, but I can't seem to find a solid solution in my notes. Is my goal here completely out of the question, or am I just not looking in the right places?

I've been toying around with Kadischi, which I think is plenty appropriate for building the Live CDs themselves, and I think it's simply all about hacking everything together from that point forward.

Thanks for time time
-dant