Re: FC6 - updating packages from local rpm repository

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:56:52 +0530, thomas wrote:

> I have  dumped FC6 DVD in /var/fc6 directory. All the rpms are in
> /var/fc6/Fedora/rpms.
>
> Initially I did partial installation. Now I want to install few rpm
> from /var/fc6/Fedora/rpms directory in GUI mode.
>
> system-config-packages is not available. Add/Remove packages available
> in FC6, by default start in GUI mode and try to get packages from
> internet repository (and finally fail to install selected packages).
>
> PLease help me which command I should run on command line so that I
> can select packages in GUI screen to install from my local
> var/fc6/Fedora/rpms. (that can take care of package dependencies too)

If you copied rpm files from the DVD, you do not need to run createrepo
because the repodata directory is included.  Make sure your repodata
directory is in /var/fc6 and add the line below to the file
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core.repo so that yum points to your local rpms.

baseurl=file:///var/fc6

Note the three slashes.

Akemi