Re: Missing from Menus

Amadeus W. M. wrote:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:46:44 +0000, Jonathan Allen wrote:

Hi there!

FC6 seems to be missing most of the items off the Applications menus:
xterm, k3b, etc. How do I add them back ?

You install them.
Also, how do I get the
"Open Terminal" option back into the menu that appears when you right
click on the desktop ?

Install nautilus-open-terminal.

I also find it very annoying that RH/FC is trying to make it hard to use
the shell. If it's there, it doesn't bother anybody, if people don't want
to use it, they don't have to.
At any rate, you can set keyboard shortcuts to pop up a shell, both in
metacity and in compiz. I find that most convenient, better than searching
for the shell in the menus.

I seem to recall that the removal of "Open Terminal" came from the Gnome team, not FC or RH. Isn't that the case, someone?

--
--R
/Linux, and Open Software, an alternative./