Re: FC 6 issues

At 5:52 PM -0800 11/20/06, Usman S. Ansari wrote:
>Tried to install FC 6 on my dual CPU Pentium III machine.
>
>1. First it failed to discover my Dell FP 2001 monitor and G 400 video
>card and assume head less install.

Probably this can be worked around with some poking.  Possibly the
other-mode install than you used will help (Text vs. Graphics mode).

>2. And may be due to above it install Linux under XEN ? anyway upon
>booting, last thing it said was diabling XEN buffers and after that my
>machine froos

You probably clicked on the "Virtualization" button.  It should probably
have "Xen" in the name, and Anaconda should warn before installing that
additional work will be needed to boot the machine.

>There is only one kernel installed on the system. Last time, during FC 5
>install, it failed to discover some of the hardware on my system. I ended
>up solving this issue using non-SMP and enabling firstboot.
>
>Any pointers who I can recover from this situation.
>
>Any help is appreciated.

Do the install over again.
TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>