Re: IPP printing in FC6?

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 09:27 -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
>    I have had trouble setting up IPP printing
> to a Xerox Phaser 6250 printer under both MacOS X
> and Fedora Core 6. The problem is that this printer
> resides on the other side of a firewall in a
> different subnet. On MacOS X this is a problem
> because their default is only to allow IPP within
> a subnet and must be worked around with the
> Advanced settings.
>    Under Fedora Core 6, I have similar problems
> which I have only been able to work around
> by using the CUPS web browser interface to
> setup the printer. The printer requires the
> use of a Device URI of the form...
>
> http://phaser6250.foo.bar:631/ipp/port1
>
> for IPP printing using http or
>
> ipp://phaser6250.foo.bar:631/ipp/port1
>
> for IPP printing using ipp.

The printer setup tool (System->Administration->Printing) sets up IPP
queues of the form ipp://hostname:631/printers/queuename, whereas your
printer seems to require '/ipp/' instead of '/printers/'.  In that case,
you'll need to select 'Other' for the connection type and enter the
device URI in the box provided.

Tim.
*/