hfs: unable to find HFS+ superblock - VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev sdb.

Hello.

To be safe I bought an new identical 80gb sata harddrive to install
Fedora Core 6 on. The old one has Fedora Core 5 installed on it. I
installed fc6 on the new drive with the old drive unplugged. I then
plugged the old drive back in. After configuring /boot/grub/grub.conf,
I was able to see and switch to both systems on their own drive from
the fc5 initial boot screen. Everything was working until I decided to
enter the boot menu and boot into fc6 on the new disc directly. I get
this message from dmesg on fc5:

hfs: unable to find HFS+ superblock
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev sdb.

Using the rescue disc I chroot /dev/sysimage -> nano
/boot/grub/grub.conf. But grub.conf is empty. I was able to do this on
initial install to get the grub.conf entry info to add to the fc5
master grub.conf.

I can can still boot into fc5, but when I choose the fc6 entry on the
fc5 initial boot screen, I get a lock up and kernel panic.

[root@corefive ron]# mkdir /mnt/fc6hd

mkdir: cannot create directory `/mnt/fc6hd': File exists

[root@corefive ron]# mount /dev/sdb /mnt/fc6hd

mount: you must specify the filesystem type

[root@corefive ron]# mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb /mnt/fc6hd

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb,
      missing codepage or other error
      dmesg | tail  or so

[root@corefive ron]# dmesg | tail

audit(1164048029.131:10): avc:  denied  { read } for  pid=1930
comm="gpm" name="localtime" dev=dm-0 ino=7340074
scontext=system_u:system_r:gpm_t:s0 tcontext=user_u:object_r:etc_t:s0
tclass=file
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
hfs: unable to find HFS+ superblock
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev sdb.

[root@corefive ron]#

How can I correct this?  Please help.

Pre Thank You,

-ron-