FC6 install reboots to a blank screen and hangs on 'enabling /etc/fstab swaps'

Hi List;

I recently installed FC6 on a desktop with a flat panel monitor. After the
install completes, during the reboot the monitor goes blank with a message
that says 'out of range'

I tried to do a CTL-ALT-F1 and I could see the boot sequence text but the boot
process was hung at this :
enabling /etc/fstab swaps

It hung there for over 10minutes before I shut the box off.

Thanks in advance...