Re: Enabling telnet

On 11/19/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I am trying to accomplish is the following:
>
> http://marc.10east.com/?l=r-help&m=116389849302592&w=2

Sounds like you don't want a telnet server, then.  But that you're
trying to use a telnet client to debug some other server, and the
problem is with *it*.  But I can't really tell what ryacas is about from
that message, nor a quick internet search on it.

Otherwise, if you had a telnet server installed, and running per the
usual configuration, you could do "telnet localhost" in a command line,
and you'd be logging into another command line interface, just as if you
were logging into a computer through a network.

Maybe the developers of Ryacas on R mailing list can help me further.
According to the direction suggested by one of them,

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.networking/msg/656bbead5059fc07

I should change the file

/etc/xinetd.d/telnet

However, there is no such a file, unless I install telnet-server.

Paul