Re: Enabling telnet

On 11/19/06, replies-lists-redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<replies-lists-redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
do you have something listening on port 9734 already? if so, then
there's nothing to do, except issue the telnet command (there's no
colon between ipnunmber and port in telnet).

i.e., unless you didn't install the telnet client for some reason,
there's nothing to do to enable use the that client.

now, if you don't have something already listening on 9734 and are
trying to get the telnet daemon to listen there, that's a different
issue.

[if you have iptables running you could be blocking inbound connection
attempts to random ports and you'd need to adjust that.]

Thanks, Rick. Apparently, I do not have anything listening on 9734. I
get the following:

$ telnet 127.0.0.1
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
$

Any further ideas?

Paul