Re: Mount NTFS disk as a read and write volume and not read only.

r> Can someone tell me how I can get to delete files in this NTFS
r> volume using FC6?

You can install the "ntfs-3g" package from extras, and then mount the
partition:

mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/hda1 /mnt

(or whatever partition the NTFS volume is on).

Then cd /mnt and delete files as you wish.  umount /mnt when you're
done.

 - J<

Installed ntfs-3g and tried to mount the drive. Problems with it because Windows didn't shutdown properly. Installed ntfsprogs and ran ntfsfix which comes with ntfsprogs. After that I mounted the drive again with ntfs-3g using -o force as option.
It worked.
Thanks a lot guys.
EJ