Mount NTFS disk as a read and write volume and not read only.

Hi,
I have a PC that doesn't start because the HD is completely full. The user filled up the recycle bin and never emptied it. I need to be able to delete all the junk in the recycle bin so WindowsXP can start and I don't have to reformat the HD and reinstall everything. I only have macs and linux machines to do this. I put the HD in a firewire enclosure and mounted in both macs and linux boxes and it always mounts as a read only volume. Therefore, it lets me see the content of the disk but it doesn't let me delete anything. Can someone tell me how I can get to delete files in this NTFS volume using FC6?
Thanks,
EJ