Re: Yum public keys -

Bob Goodwin wrote:
Todd Zullinger wrote:

Bob Goodwin wrote:
I attempted to install Audacity via yum but I am stumped by the
following message:

    Downloading Packages:
    warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA
    signature: NOKEY, key ID 1aa78495

    Public key for
    libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.fc6.rf.i386.rpm is not installed

I don't know what public key it needs or how to get it.  Yum has
been working for everything else I've needed until this.

This is typically something that comes along with the repository
configuration.  If you're getting Audacity from a repo that you
configured manually, then you'll want to add the key from the same
place that you got the repo info.
All I did was "yum install audacity -y"
In this case the package appears to be from rpmforge (the .rf in the
name is the clue).  How did you configure the rpmforge repo, manually
adding the info to /etc/yum.repos.d/... or by installing something
like rpmforge-release.rpm?
I don't have an rpmforge repo in yum.repos.d. Do I need that one? Seems I should be able to get it from extras or livna?
Also, it's worth noting that Livna has an mp3 enabled audacity as well
as all of the dependencies, if that's what you're looking for.  The
package is named audacity-mp3

   No Match for argument: audacity-mp3
   Nothing to do

I do show livna repos present:

   /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-devel.repo
   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  438 Nov 15 15:20 /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo
   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  417 Nov 15 15:20
   /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo.rpmorig
   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  582 Nov 15 15:20
   /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo.yumex
   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1791 Nov 15 15:20
   /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo
   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  280 Nov 15 15:20
   /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo.yumex

 so as not to conflict with the audacity
package from extras.

   yum list audacity*
   Setting up repositories
   Available Packages
   audacity.i386                            1.2.5-3.fc6            extras

The problem continues to be:

Install 6 Package(s) Update 0 Package(s) Remove 0 Package(s) Total download size: 4.7 M
   Downloading Packages:
   warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
   1aa78495

   Public key for libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.fc6.rf.i386.rpm is not installed

And I don't know where to look for what key?

Yumex seems to get lost when I try to use it to do the install, drives my cpu to near 100% and about all I can do is kill it and reboot to restore normalcy? Xkill leaves the high cpu indication, reboot restores things ...
- -- Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
Yum was working well until "something happened" yesterday?

Thank you for your help.

Bob Goodwin

I worked around the problem by installing libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.fc6.rf.i386.rpm and lame from "http://ftp.riken.go.jp/pub/Linux/dries/fedora/fc6/i386/RPMS.dries/"; with the repective rpm's.

Yum is easy if it works but installing from rpm's is less complicated when there's a problem such as this.

Bob Goodwin