Re: Fedora Coverstory in Linux Format

Ian Malone wrote:

Hi Ian -

Overall though I think they come out fairly even in the
article, FC6's lower usability score (by two points,
7/10 vs 9/10 IIRC) is what brought it down overall.

It was 7/10 vs 10/10 (having the benefit of it sitting in front of me).

They also have this notable table

                       Ubuntu            Fedora

Time to Boot up    :   41s               76s
Size of Distro     :   1 CD              5 CD
Packages Available :   16000             6000
Time to Install    :   15min             25min

I don't agree with some of the things said [1], but I'm as partial to Fedora as the reviewer was to Ubuntu seemed to me, so it's worth taking note of.

-Andy

"With all due respect to the Yum developers, apt-get is a vastly superior and much faster tool for retrieving and installing packages..."