Re: Feeling real grumpy !

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 15:52 -0500, William Case wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 19:10 +0000, Alan wrote:
> > > I try to show him the new compiz.  It doesn't work.
> >
> > Compiz on R128 is a "not going to happen" I think. It simply doesn't have
> > the abilities and hardware (or software) support needed.
> >
> > > Sessions manager doesn't work.  Several other applications are wonky.  I
> > > send off a list of wonky applications.  No reply.
> >
> > Define "wonky" in detail.
>
> Wonky is an open ended technical term used to describe something in
> hardware and or software happening that the user does not like.  There
> is usually an expectation that the said hardware and or software will
> operat the way it used to, or is expected to or is wanted to.  There is
> direct implication that the user hasn't spent the time to investigate
> why this is the case.  It is usually announced by "Aw SH_T".
>
> In my case, I was trying to take a shortcut by finding out which
> wonkyness might be attributed to my graphics card and which wonkyness
> might be casued by something else.  It really isn't worth delving into
> the cause until the main misfunction -- my video card -- is working.

That one went into my "The Strange" folder as a keeper. Yes Folks, I
keep all your really strange sh*t in a folder. I love to browse it for
grins. Bill, your definition of "wonkyness" exceeded even my
expectations. Congrats, you got **** 4 stars out of a possible 5.
The only person to have rated 5 has been myself. So, you did really
really good! <grins> Ric