Re: Feeling real grumpy !

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 19:10 +0000, Alan wrote:
> > I try to show him the new compiz.  It doesn't work.
>
> Compiz on R128 is a "not going to happen" I think. It simply doesn't have
> the abilities and hardware (or software) support needed.
>
> > Sessions manager doesn't work.  Several other applications are wonky.  I
> > send off a list of wonky applications.  No reply.
>
> Define "wonky" in detail.

Wonky is an open ended technical term used to describe something in
hardware and or software happening that the user does not like.  There
is usually an expectation that the said hardware and or software will
operat the way it used to, or is expected to or is wanted to.  There is
direct implication that the user hasn't spent the time to investigate
why this is the case.  It is usually announced by "Aw SH_T".

In my case, I was trying to take a shortcut by finding out which
wonkyness might be attributed to my graphics card and which wonkyness
might be casued by something else.  It really isn't worth delving into
the cause until the main misfunction -- my video card -- is working.

--
Regards Bill