Re: SSH question

Anne Wilson wrote:
Under my FC4 installs I am asked for the ssh passphrase at login time. This box, FC6, does not ask me. Instead I am asked when I first open a terminal. Normally this causes no problem. However, today I had to go out early and did not open a terminal until a few minutes ago. I find that an rsync across the network was refused permission - presumably because I had not made this 'first step'.

What is the reason for the change in behaviour? What would I have to do if I wanted to keep the old behaviour? If it's not advisable, why not?

The new behaviour should only happen if you've installed and set up keychain I think.

Paul.