Re: Feeling real grumpy !

> I understand this is an all volunteer list.  I have tried to give advice
> when I could.  I understand that FC6 is cutting edge and could have
> bugs. I have been through the growing pains for FC3, FC4 and FC5.
> Luckily, I have some work that has to be done I M$ Excel for today.  But
> I would like to show my friend more than half a Linux system.

I admit it and am responsible for my actions when I see a post subject
that:

a.) I don't understand
b.) Don't have a dog in the fight (other hardware than I have)
c.) Or, otherwise ignore as I do not happen to care about it. (software
issues that I do not use and do not impact me personally, as I really
would be clueless about it to start with, and my head hurts enough as it
is.)

Somehow yours fell into one of those categories, especially when the
list was about 400+ messages that I waded through rather quickly after
installing FC6. If I could have helped I would have. I know nothing
about a Riva video card. My best advice is to check:

http://www.stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

...which are good for FC6, as far as I can tell. He hasn't gotten to FC6
yet. Staton's instructions for all things video seem to always work.

Plus, there are other tricks and hints on getting other things going.
Ric