...but is nvidia any better?

I've been having an infinite series of problems with getting my ATI card to
work correctly with FC6 x86_64, and the pointers I've been able to find
in places like the Linux driver forum on rage3d.com don't give me warm
fuzzies that ATI will ever fix anything (nor does the opensource radeon
driver seem to work any better - it just has different bugs).

So, what is the state of nvidia with respect to Fedora Core 6? Have the
bugs been worked out? Is DRI and GLX and all that jazz working OK
now with latest nvidia drivers? Are they compatible with Xen? Is there
some nvidia equivalent to the rage3d forum I can visit to read all about
the new trouble I'd get into if I switched cards?

Thanks for any pointers you can provide.