problem unziping large file

So this is what I did.  I right-clicked on a folder and selected the
option "create archive".  It created the zip file just fine with no
errors.  Now I right-click on the zip file and select "Extract Here"
and it gives me this message.

----------------
error:  Zip file too big (greater than 4294959102 bytes)
 End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
 a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
 latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
 the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of
/home/mlbaker/Desktop/test.zip or
       /home/mlbaker/Desktop/test.zip.zip, and cannot find
/home/mlbaker/Desktop/test.zip.ZIP, period.
----------------

if I try by command line here it is

----------------
[mlbaker@isPgm00 Desktop]$ unzip test.zip
error:  Zip file too big (greater than 4294959102 bytes)
Archive:  test.zip
 End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
 a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
 latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
 the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of test.zip or
       test.zip.zip, and cannot find test.zip.ZIP, period.
[mlbaker@isPgm00 Desktop]$

I have 200 gigs free, so space is not a problem.  The zip file is 4.3
gigs.  Unfortunately I could really use some of the data in this
archive...  Any help is appreciated.

This was done on a FC6 box.

Thank you all!