kacpid chewing up CPU

I recently posted an error message I was getting from the acpi daemon on my newly upgrade FC6 box. It's a pretty generic HP with a 2.4GHz P4. It's been rock solid up till the upgrade, but since the upgrade acpi isn't kicking on my fan and I get tons of syslog messages like this:

Nov 8 00:02:50 sulla kernel: ACPI: Unable to turn cooling device [df7067ac] 'off'
Nov  8 00:02:50 sulla kernel: ACPI: Transitioning device [FAN1] to D3
Nov  8 00:02:50 sulla kernel: ACPI: Transitioning device [FAN1] to D3
Nov 8 00:02:50 sulla kernel: ACPI: Unable to turn cooling device [df7067ac] 'off'

So far, I've not seen any messages in reply to my post, so I'm taking another tack. With this system, I'm seeing kacpid taking up nearly 100% CPU, which is killing performance on this box. I can't kill that process, but I"ve stopped acpid for the time being so my log files don't fill up / any more. Fortunately, I have this box in a very cool location and it's not used much so I can leave it that way while I test it.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the heck is going on? Anyone seen this problem?

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator