Re: FC6: Things segfaulting all over

Vijay Gill wrote:

I ran memtest86+ (installed using yum) for 7 hours and got no error. I
installed FC5 also on the same machine (I had a free partition) and to
my horror it also showed the same error. I don't know what went wrong
with this machine. If memtest gives no error, what else needs to be
checked?

Yikes! Well if it was something like heat you would be getting errors from all around, not just in the same place (I assume it is also in presets.c). Is it not possible that the segfaults belong only to that piece of code and that compiler? In this case it can just be a gcc bug.

I guess I would start #if 0 -ing out chunks of presets.c (if it is indeed dying in the same place) and see what I need to make a segfault, maybe this can give a clue.

-Andy