Re: [Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux wrote:
On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 21:43 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
Kim who???  I don't see any messages from this person any longer...

Only one from him just 5 hours before you posted this..  8-))
And a little less combative than his previous posts as well
Maybe he is learning to interact instead of demanding..

I never demanded a darn thing in the first place !  All I did was say
that the nvidia situation sucks ! I wasn't even looking for help !
Apparently some in the Linux community isn't mature enough to handle
that without becoming ignorant.

I have a fantastic Laptop that I love. It's a HP nx9420. It's ONLY drawback is the lame ATI card Im stuck with.

Oh how I wish I had a NVidia card in this machine like I do in my desktop system. Atleast NVidia cares enough about me to release fantastic drivers for me to use in my machine's in my OS of choice.

From where I'm sitting, It's not NVidias fault the kernel needs drivers rebuilt for changes in kernel minor numbers like 2.6.18-XXXX to 2.6.18-YYYY.

Greetings from Iceland where this message was written on a desktop using GeForce 6600 GT, NVidia drivers, XGL in a twinview configuration and everything simply works.

PS: If anyone from NVidia is reading this thread, kudos to you and please keep up the good work :)

--
Rikki.         --  RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX CSA and CSE.
               --  Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.