Re: USB FLASH Drive LED doesn't change

Mike McCarty wrote:
I recently purchased my first FLASH drive, specifically, the
Emprex 512MB with USB 2.0 interface. It has a small LED on it
which was specifically touted as giving the user indication of
when it is safe to remove the device. What I observe is that
there is indeed a small LED, which always glows red when the
device is plugged into a USB port. I am able successfully to
mount and unmount the device, but I see no change in the LED,
either with it turning off or turning green, or what.

Could some with more experience with such devices give me
more information? Is this something which only works with
MS products, or do I just not know what to look for? Or what?

Hi Mike,

I've an Emprex and its led comes on when it is inserted. It flashes off and on when writing. There doesn't appear to be any indication of when it is OK to remove it so I always do a sync sync before pulling it out.

:m)