Re: Show-stopper for me - partially solved

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 01:03, Chris Mohler wrote:
> Anne,
>
> Have you had a look at this page yet:
> http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Zoran_devices_%28zr36057%2C_zr36067%29
>
> Esp:
> http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Zoran_devices_%28zr36057%2C_zr36067%29
>#module_loading_options
>
> I'd be curious to see the output from your modprobe command.
>
> You might also try installing mjpegtools - I see it in the freshrpms
> repo.  I'm not familiar with that program.

From a Linspire list I found:

I used this program to fix a configuration problem with xawtv. My xawtv was
not displaying any video, just a black screen with sound. To diagnose the
problem, I ran xawtv from an xterm window and observed the following
messsages: WARNING: Your X-Server has no DGA support. WARNING: couldn't find
framebuffer base address, try manual configuration ("v4l-conf -a ") I opened
up the file /var/log/XFree86.0.log and searched for the term "framebuffer"
until I found the line "Linear framebuffer (phys) at 0xc0000000". Then,
logged in as root, I ran the command "v4l-config -a 0xc0000000" from the
xterm window. Now xawtv works fine although I still get that second warning
line about "DGA" support.

Slight adjustment needed - the file that needs editing is v4l.conf, not
v4l.config, and the framebuffer address is found in Xorg.0.log.

Now I can get sound and vision in xawtv (tvtime still doesn't recognise the
card, saying it "can't open capture device /dev/video0).

There's still something wrong, though, as after a few seconds everything on
the screen starts blinking, and I have to shut xawtv down.  What could cause
that?

Anne