Re: ****How many on list?

Craig White writes:

> On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 01:28 +0000, John Bowden wrote:
>> Can any one give me an estimate of how many people are on this
>> list. I started reading it about 3 or 4  weeks ago after having
>> trouble installing FC6 on a second drive. Actually I haven't
>> installed it yet as my Mandriva file / print server went down
>> and I had to use the spare space on the machine that was going
>> to house FC to back up 300Gb+ of personal stuff. The list seems
>> to have a lot of traffic, which says to me that either a lot of
>> people use it or FC has a lot of issues. Don't get me wrong I'm
>> not knocking FC and as soon as I have sorted out some spare
>> space on the other machine it will get installed as I want to
>> learn how Red Hat do things and can't afford to splash out for
>> the commercial version yet.
> ----
> there are thousands...the exact number I suppose would have to come from
> Warren or some other list admin.
>
> A lot of people are using Fedora.
>
> A lot of people lurk, a few do a lot of the postings...it doesn't take
> long to figure out who they are.
>
> The traffic spikes after the release of a new fedora version and things
> back down a month or so later.
>
> Craig
>
> --

I thought that might be the case, and there is always a few
undocumented fetures in a new release ;-)

registered Linux user number 414240
Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest
intentions and he was going to blow them up !
Free POP3 Email from www.Gawab.com
Sign up NOW and get your account @gawab.com!!