Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 09Nov2006 12:59, Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Is it me or do people in this forum have a penchant for knocking
| others ?

Of course they do. This is a mailing list!

Non sequitur. I have pretty much abandoned the Linux mail lists
for participation because of all the animosity on them. I have
found that the vintage radio (I recently rediscovered my interest
in all things tubes) mail echoes are a pleasant contrast to
the rancor and invective I have encountered on, for example, Fedora,
CentOS, and Debian. I essentially no longer participate on those
mail lists precisely because of the frequent flame wars.

[snip]

Yes it's annoying that things don't work smoothly. But even if NVidiva
opened up their driver it would only narrow the window where you would
have trouble, not close it. As long as Linus and co arbitrarily change
things in kernel releases, drivers will get out of sync. Even the
in-kernel drivers have this problem.

A very useful observation.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.