Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux wrote:

So I'd have to teach my mom to make sure to not boot the new kernel for
a few days and, as a matter of fact, check that the new driver is
installed before booting it.  In effect, teach her to rpm -q
kmod-nvidia ?  Yeah, that seems user friendly.

I have a good suggestion for your mom. Install CentOS for her. It is as free as Fedora and as stable as RHEL. Each version is supported for 7 years, I believe, and no need to go through the kernel upgrade hassle.
(Sorry, this is a Fedora list, I know)