Re: FC6 problem with different kernels

Thomas Widhalm wrote:

Hello list!

I have 1 problem on 2 FC6 boxes. One is a Pentium4, the other is an AMD
Athlon XP. Both have the i586 Version of the kernel installed, but
everytime I want to install a new kernel module (especially installing
and updateing nvidia) it wants to install kernel.i686 . The install or
update fails due to dependency failures. I can't install kernel.i686
either. What should I do?

This has been discussed a lot on here. Anaconda screws up and installs the i586 kernel but tries to maintain the system as i686. The only way to fix this is to manually install an i686 kernel.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator