Server Locking Up

I'm pretty new to linux and am having some problems with a server
locking up. I'm running FC4 on a SuperMicro Xeon 2.4GHz server with 2GB
of ram (I can give more server details if needed). The server is running
a java based EMS application that is putting a fair load on the server,
but not capping it out constantly. After several random hours of running
the server will lock up. The only way to get the system back is to
reboot. I have scoured the logs in /var/logs/ and have not found
anything that points to a problem. I am started to stretch my knowledge
of troubleshooting this server and am in need of any helpful advice.

Thanks,
Cody