Re: auto.smb mounting

Jamie Bohr wrote:
That is what I think too however I don't understand how it interacts with autofs. I put "-o credentials=/home/myhome/.credentials" in the '/Disk/' line in auto.smb to see if I could get it to work, it did not. I am able to do the following:

mount -t cifs //nas/share /mnt1 -o credentials=/homejmyhome/.credentials

so I know my credentials file is correct. I even tried exporting USER and PASSWORD as stated in the man page for mount.cifs

This agrees with my own experience. I was not able to use credential file in autofs, which is why I included username and passwd on the line in my autofs map file.

Akemi