Re: Show-stopper for me

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 11:29, Tim wrote:
> I can't imagine an OS having any affect on the sharpness of the picture.
> That's an optics and electronics issue.

It was fine last time I used it, so the question is whether damage has
occurred during storage.  I haven't discounted that - that's why I bought a
new one - but can't get that working at all, so far.  What I did wonder about
was whether the driver had changed, and whether that could be causing
problems.

> I'd be quite surprised at any USB camera doing what I'd consider to be a
> good job.  They're designed for a rather low-spec job (low-res, and
> heavy compression for a low transmission bandwidth).  High-res wouldn't
> be of much good over the internet, anyway.  Especially with the common
> compression protocols being used.

I totally accept that.  I only want it for ekiga, which doesn't need a
high-res anyway.  Who wants to be able to see if I've got freckles? <vbg>

My other thread is about using my camcorder, a different proposition
altogether.

Anne