named and NetworkManager don't play for me

  Hello all,
           I cannot get named and network manager to work together
on fc6.
If I change networks I need to restart the named daemon afterwards
(And 'service named restart' doesn't shut it down - I need to kill it')

I am unclear about named.conf. I had one from fc5, but
named.caching-nameserver.conf existed. So I tried moving the old one and
soft-linking that instead. No change.

    Any suggestions?
           Thanks,
              Bill