Re: cannot play mp3 files

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 15:03, kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > I'm running FC6 and I cannot play mp3 files with xine or kaffiene.
> > > Any ideas how to fix this?
> > Have you installed the mp3 extentions for it to work.  MP3 is a
> > proprietary format and not open so you have to install extra stuff for it
> > to work.
> Sorry but I'm not sure how to install the mp3 extensions. Is this the
> mplayer codecs?

It might be adequate to go to http://zod.freshrpms.net and install
the "xine-lib-extras" package.  Mplayer is a movie player and while it may or
may not play mp3's I expect the codecs for it will not help you.

I'm new at this too, I hope the above helps.

--
Andreas (Andy) Roddau

This email message is intended solely for the consumption,
annoyance or amusement of the addressee/s.  Anyone
else who comes across this text by chance or purpose
does so at their own risk.