Re: Screen Freeze

My card is NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 - re. X driver I am not sure. Have never tried to find out, where should I look?
PA
Lonni J Friedman wrote:
What kind of graphics card are you using, and which X driver?

On 11/7/06, Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Per-Anton Rønning wrote:

> apparent motivation the screen freezes, i.e., no keyboard typing and no
> mouseclicks are accepted.  Programs are still running, I have a back
> door via my old backup machine, that is, I can establish a
> SSH-connection and do a controlled shutdown via that back door. If I am

If you are in fact running Xorg, can it be some problem with X or
between the video card and its bus somehow?  In this case, next time it
freezes, try to ssh in and only

killall -9 Xorg

and see if the (hopefully provoked) subsequent respawning of Xorg gets
you back working again without a reboot.