Re: Number of files during copy

2006/11/6, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 09:06 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
> If I copy from my internal HD to my external USB HD a large number of
> files (i.e. my photo archive, let me say 2000 files) not all files are
> transferred.
> Of course the backup is not reliable.....and I have to transfer by
> sets of 40 files .
>
> Any idea?

What FC version?
Is it fully updated?
What size are the files being transferred?
What messages do you get?

In earlier versions of Linux several utilities (and even the filesystem
way back when) had a 2GB limit on functionality that was a feature of
the 32bit operating system.  I believe that limit has been raised to
several TB now.  It may be you are getting hit by something of that sort
if using an older version of the OS.