Re: KDE: 'safely remove' does not safely remove

On 11/6/06, Marcelo Magno T. Sales <marcelo.sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The option of "safely remove" for removing pen drives is not working
> properly here. To safely remove my pen drive I have to use the command
> line through the command 'umount /dev/sda1'. Any ideas how to repair
> that?

Do you wait for the pendrive icon vanishes from desktop or konqueror after
clicking "safely remove"? It may take some time to flush the pending data
write operations to the pendrive. It's safe to remove it only when the it's
icon disappear (i.e., when it's automatically unmounted).

The icon never disappears.

Paul